Monday, July 11, 2011

Sunkissed tie dye weekend

Wow what an amazing weekend. Saturday was perfect. I had the pleasure of hanging with my amazing and incredibly talented mentor Karen Skoglund. Not only has she immensely educated me in tie-dye, fashion, sewing, and life but she continues to inspire me every day. I love her very much! She also has a outstanding house and garden and I will post more about her in the future. Check out her website Karen’s Kreations!

Every year we go out to Sparta Lake in New Jersey and take part in the community’s annual barbeque. Oh the ride up there alone is too beautiful for words and when you get there it’s just utopia. We tie dye, eat amazing food, take a ride on the paddle boat and as the sun goes down jam to some live tunes. I especially love to help the kids tie dye! They come up with some of the craziest color combos.

One of my favorite parts about this party it being able to visit Ron and Sharon Terhune. They are such amazing people and their house is so amazing!! What a inspiration! Ron is a stained glass artist so there is one of a kind works of art hung all over. They have one of the greatest kitchens I have ever seen! There whole house is covered with beautiful artwork, amazing pottery, stunning carpentry, and crystals. I’m very intrigued by their garden which seems to magically linger through the house. I could just lay on their porch for days. I hope to someday have a place as magical as theirs.








Perfect! Right!

No comments: